Re: issue with inherited handle (ssh.exe, gitk)

Le 28/10/2010 20:11, jean-luc malet a Ãcrit :

> HI
> cygwin 1.7.7(0.230/5/3)

[snip don't know about bitk]

> in another program I spawn a ssh.exe with stderr, stdin, stdout
> redirected to pipes, and for some strange reason the 'Password:'
> string is still displayed on the terminal and isn't read from the
> pipes.....

this is the normal behaviour, ssh as well as any program (password, rsh,
etc.) using some sort of getpass() function will reopen then terminal
(/dev/tty) for reading the password.
in other way, they don't read from stdin, so you can't do :
echo password | ssh ...
and if you would like to say, hey, this works on linux, remember that
GNU/Linux isn't unix, but just a unix like. also remember you the GNU
acronym...

Regards,

Cyrille Lefevre
--