Incorrect PATH setting in setup.exe results in Postinstall script errors, .sh exit code 127

Hi,

I just updated my Cygwin installation using a newly
downloaded setup.exe.  At the beginning of the script, I am
warned that I am updating to Cygwin 1.7.1, please read
various manuals (I recently upgraded a different computer
without difficulties and kind of remembered that none of the
mentioned caveats were particularly serious for me).

At the end of the installation process, a dialog box pops up
stating that postinstall script errors had occurred, and a
list of lines "package-name.sh exit code 127".  Starting the
Cygwin DOS box works.  However, PATH is set incorrectly;
typing vi finds it in my SFU installation (which doesn't work
with a cygwin terminal).  Re-executing startup.exe returns
the same postinstall script error message.

The root cause for the postinstall scripts errors is the
incorrect PATH, as the shell returns 127 to indicate command
not found.  On the other hand, I would have expected PATH to
be set in one of the postinstall scripts.

Starting setup.exe from the Windows command line with PATH
prefixed with {cygwin install directory}\bin gets rid of the
error messages; the packages are installed sucessfully.

However, I do get a Postinstall script error "Package: no
package\n\tpassword-grp.sh exit code 1\n".  This is probably
unrelated to the problem reported here.

Konrad Schwarz