Permissions on Windows 2008

I've just installed Cygwin on a Windows 2008 Standard server with SP2.

I'm noticing two strange behaviors with files that I upload via SFTP (or
SCP, I'm not actually sure which protocol WinSCP uses by default).

First, the ACL list on the uploaded files contains an entry for
"ServerName\None", which is a non-existent account as best I can tell.

Second, it "shares" the files and directories using the Windows 2008
file sharing feature that allows you to share files with other users
on the same machine. It shares the file with "Everyone" and
"ServerName\None".

Both of these are undesirable behaviors. Ideally, I would like files
uploaded with SFTP to have the same permissions they'd have as if I
had just created them in place. The sharing thing is particularly
annoying because if I start moving files around, Windows frequently
pops up a warning like "Warning: These files are shared. If you move
them, they will no longer be accessible."

Any tips on how to prevent these behaviors would be welcome.

Thanks,
Bryan