Re: Script to save XP Win stuff

On 12/20/2010 03:05 PM, jwzumwalt wrote:
Thanks! I have other cygwin specific scripts to share. Perhaps we can have the system admin create a "scripts" forum. Cygwin often requires slight tweaking of the scripts (vs unix) so a script section is warrented
If you do it right then there's very little tweaking necessary. I just wrote a daemon script in Perl to execute commands a machine and report back to results using a socket, multithreaded, etc. Wrote it on Linux. Then hopped over to my Cygwin instance, cvs checked it out and ran it without a single change - worked like a champ - first time through.

That say (and as you can see I'm quite proud of it and semi surprised) a list discussing administration of Windows machines using Cygwin, portability issues and how to write useful scripts and the like would be a good addition to the mailing lists.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
An error? Impossible! My modem is error correcting.