problem with sshd

I have a problem running cygwin sshd. I often end up with a lot of
bash processes running and eating memory while there are no single
active ssh session. It happens when either connection lost or user
closes connection without logging out, sshd process dies but bash
remains in memory forever. Is it possible to prevent this? In all real
unix environments this never happen, bash always dies when parent sshd
exits.