Re: FYI-- Symantec Security Warnings with setup.exe

On 1/1/2011 3:12 PM, Carl Lund wrote:
Hi--

On running Cygwin setup today, Norton Security complained about two files

tee.ext and date.exe

Norton used its SONAR (see below) to detect what it thought was a high
security risk. They claimed programs were behaving suspicious on my computer.
One thing that flagged these files was that there were less than 100 people
that have used this application. Norton did not know the origin of these
files. I don't know what to say about all this, but I thought I'd let you
know what I found. I've been using Cygwin for many years, so I'm hoping
nothing really dangerous was involved this time. Otherwise, my update seems
to have gone through.

<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-03/msg00758.html>

--
Larry