From: "Larry Hall \(Cygwin\)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 18:17:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Cygwin Support for Shadow Copies Exposed As Drives?

----
On 1/3/2011 9:56 AM, Leon Vanderploeg wrote:
I have hit a brick wall in the Cygwin 1.7 arena -- shadow copies exposed as
drives can no longer be accessed.  See
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-07/msg00954.html for an example of previous
documentation on this issue.

Are there any plans for a patch or work-around to allow an exposed shadow
drive to be accessed by a program such as rsync?

Thanks in advance, and best regards,
Leon

Have you tried a recent snapshot? <http://cygwin.com/snapshots/>

--
Larry

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I just pulled down the 2010-12-29.  It, to
failed the rsync chdir to an exposed drive.  I scanned the change logs on
all the snapshots listed on the page you suggested and I didn't see anything
on shadow copies.

Best regards,
Leon

Leon Vanderploeg