Re: skipping file `...', as it was replaced while being copied

On 01/07/2011 01:06 PM, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
> Using Cygwin 1.7.7, the following behavior started recently,
> but I can't think of any change that may be the culprit:

I can.  Most likely, you recently ran setup.exe and upgraded tar.
Upstream tar includes a patch to make it more picky about stat()
structures changing behind the scenes, that older tar was ignoring.
Which in turn is exposing (yet another) buggy file system that cygwin
needs to be taught how to work around.

> My Q: device maps to a Samba share on QNX through Virtual PC.

So samba changes directory sizes when a process reads that directories
contents; maybe the easiest workaround would be to teach cygwin stat()
to always display samba directory sizes as 0 during stat.