Proper Setting of mkpasswd and mkgroup

Problem:
1. When I create a file or such using cygwin, it says that the group is
"mkpasswd". This usually indicates that the Cygwin profile I'm logged on is
not setup properly
2. My work PC is part of a windows group. That same account is also a PC
administrator.
3. My home PC is not part of a windows group. That same account is also a PC
administrator.

What's the proper combination of MKPASSWD and MKGROUP commands to run? The
latter can "see" the windows group mentioned in step #2. I've even tried
manually hacking the password file so that FURASHG (my account) has the same
number string after it that is after the number string in MKGROUP associated
with the local PC administrator.

Should I be doing something special when I double-click cygwin.bat, or
change my cygwin.bat so that it somehow references furashg? It seems to
know, since the files created in #1 above have "furashg" as the owner.

Thanks in advance!