cvs server setup

Folks,

can anybody point me to some current doc on how to setup a cvs server under cygwin?

The info I was able to find on the web dated back to the early 2000s suggesting:

1. add line to /etc/inetd.conf:

cvspserver stream tcp nowait root /bin/cvs cvs -f --allow-root=/cvs/root pserver

with /cvs/root being the cvs root dir.

2. add line to /etc/services:

cvspserver 2401/tcp #CVS server

3. run:

inetd --install-as-service
cygrunsrv -S inetd

an attempt to have a cvs client connect to the cvs server failed with a message in /var/inetd.log:

someone wants cvspserver
accept, ctrl 3
+ Closing from 13
7264 execl /bin/cvs