Re: After installing 1.7.7 command ls is null --now with cygcheck.out

On 1/31/2011 2:16 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
On 01/31/2011 01:55 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
In my case, I installed cygwin a few months ago and yesterday I went to
upgrade it and install several packages.

As it was going along it said that cygwin1.dll was busy so I pressed
Continue and at the end it said a reboot was required.  And so I
rebooted the machine.

When I logged back in,  cygwin was not behaving correctly.  ls, find,
cat, cp, maybe more commands were not functioning correctly.

The was after upgrading to 1.7.7.  When I check cygcheck output it shows
cygwin1.dll as 1.7.5.

If I try and run strace, it fails with an error about a missing symbol.

There were also a number of errors showing for postinstall scripts.

Where in this process did either I or the install go wrong?

Also, we have cygrunsrv operating services if that could have any bearing on this.

This is why you got the complaint about cygwin1.dll being busy.

When you did the upgrade, did you download the current 'setup.exe' from
cygwin.com?

--
Larry