RE: Default state of the desktop shortcut checkbox in setup.exe

Bruce Cran sent the following at Thursday, February 03, 2011 6:26 AM
>I'd like to suggest making the default state of the
>desktop shortcut checkbox in setup.exe unchecked. This
>would make it follow Microsoft's desktop guidelines at
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511450.aspx . I don't know
>about other people but it often irritates me that I need to uncheck it
>each time because I don't like application icons on the desktop.

http://cygwin.com/
  =>
http://cygwin.com/install.html
  =>
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.cli

See "-n", "-d", and "-N".

For what it is worth, I agree about the default.  Or perhaps setup's
default could depend on whether this is a new install and an update.
(Sorry I cannot propose a patch.)

- Barry