Re: Accessing folders elsewhere than C:\cygwin

> I have Cygwin mounted conventionally under Q:\cygwin.
> I would like to access files under Q:\else.
> But (for example) ls ../../.. only ever attains \cygwin (and lower).
> I can use ls /cygdrive/q/else/ (and lower) but this means knowing the
> drive name (in this case Q:)

Well at some level you're going to have to know the drive name - either in
the path you specify, or in a mount point or a symlink.

> I don't much want to change mount points which are currently
> conventionally defined.
> Is there a way I can get to Q:\else without knowing the drive name Q:?

You don't have to change any existing mount points, but you can add a new
one in /etc/fstab, e.g.

Q:/else  /else  some_fs  binary 0 0

Or create a symlink:

ln -s /cygdrive/Q/else /else