Re: svn

On 2/14/2011 7:25 AM, Gary wrote:
Eliot Moss wrote:
On 2/14/2011 3:11 AM, Gary wrote:
David Rothenberger wrote:
If the files checked out in both directories are byte-for-byte
identical
(including binary files), I can't see how svn could be the culprit.

If I can replace svn in the sequence with something else, for example tortoise, and everything then works, then Cygwin/svn *is* the culprit.

Not necessarily ... it could be the underlying ssh, if you are using svn over ssh, and it could be BLODA interfering with cygwin ...

And yet not doing it with another client? It's not really very likely, is it?

In the fall of 2009 I was having a problem with rsync over ssh. Corinna and I got to the bottom of it: BLODA interfering with proper operation of socketpair. In the process, I found that if I disabled socketpair manually in the output of /.configure for building rsync, forcing it to use pipes instead, it worked fine.

We have had occasional but persistent queries here about git
over ssh, and you are reporting issues with svn and ssh. I am
wondering if it has something to do with the sockets/pipes
used to communicate between svn or git and the ssh subprocess.

Best wishes -- EM