Re: Spurious "Connection reset by peer" problems anybody?

On Feb 21 08:49, Ken Brown wrote:
> >Hi listies,
> >

> >over the weekend I came across a description of a Windows socket problem
> >which might affect some of us.  Fortunately I also came across the
> >potential solution.
> >
> >My question is, does anybody have a scenario in which he or she
> >encounters weird "Connection reset by peer" or "Software caused
> >connection abort" messages in Cygwin, possibly at the end of a
> >connection attempt?
> >
> >If so, I might have a solution for this problem.  The code exists, but
> >personally I don't have any such problem, so I can't test if it helps,
> >and I'm reluctant to apply this to Cygwin without need.
> >
> >Therefore I need a guinea pig for this change.  Any takers?
>
> I have one situation in which I often get a "Software caused
> connection abort" message.  I'll be glad to test your change.

I spoke too soon.

Just five minutes ago it turned out that this ostensible solution I
fetched from MSDN does not work for Cygwin, because it breaks typical
server scenarios which involve duplicating sockets via fork with
subsequent closing the socket in the parent process.

Sorry,
Corinna

Red Hat