Re: setup.exe considerations (was: Doubtful about unison)

> >> Which is the problem: the unison command was compiled against a newer
> >> cygwin1.dll than yours.
> >
> > To be fair, setup.exe ought to be able to resolve or warn about such
> > version dependencies. Unfortunately the infrastructure for that isn't
> > in place, as it would require version requirements to be expressed in
> > packages' setup.hint files (rather than in their READMEs, as they are
> > at the moment).

It would also require packagers to know what the version requirements are.
I can record what versions of things were installed when I built Unison -
or better yet, get cygport to record that for me - but I don't really know
whether it would break with an earlier or later version of cygwin, etc.