distributing executables for windows

I'd like to ask a question about distributing programs compiled with
cygwin to windows.

I've compiled some utility programs (e.g. "grep") in the cygwin bash
environment, then copied the executables and the dependent libraries
(e.g. "grep.exe" and "cygwin1.dll", "cygintl-8.dll", "cygiconv-2.dll",
"cyggcc_s-1.dll", "cygpcre-0.dll") back to windows.

For those programs with only text outputs, this method gives a working
windows port of the software, but it is not the case for those
terminal handling programs (e.g. "less"). I can still compile and
distribute, but the program works correctly only within the cygwin
bash. Under windows, all the terminal capabilities are lost, with the
"WARNING: terminal is not fully functional" message.

I'm eager to know how to make the terminal features work in windows as well.