Re: distributing executables for windows

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 11:44:47AM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>On 3/3/2011 3:10 AM, anctop wrote:
>>2.  The "less" executable distributed by the GnuWin32 project depends
>>only on a single external library "libpcre", is this possible with
>>cygwin ?
>
>Anything is possible.  Shall cygwin's less.exe be changed in this
>manner?
>
>I'm not the less maintainer, but I can almost guarantee the answer is
>"No."

You're prescient.

"No"

This would exactly contradict the whole point of the project.

But, then, if you want something like this and GnuWin32 (I never have
understood why RMS doesn't come down on these folks since he hates to
see the word GNU and WIN put together) then just use that!  It's
an amazingly simple solution.

cgf