Re: Problems with Cygwin-1.7.8 (or snapshot) and TeXLive 2010

> On Mar  5 10:08, David Rothenberger wrote:
>> On 3/3/2011 9:44 AM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>>> After I flagged these problems [*], I chose to do a clean reinstall of
>>> TeXLive 2010 (TL2010). After installed its packages (> 2000!), TL2010
>>> installation proceeds with its post-install actions, mainly generating
>>> all format files. The installation is done as 'root' (administrator),
>>> but the format files are created for all system users (as it should),
>>>
>>> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 20760  3 mar 16.33 foo.fmt
>>>
>>> Now, with recent snapshot (say >= 20110215, including the one released
>>> today) this does not occur any more,
>>>
>>> -rwx------ 1 root root 20760  3 mar 16.33 foo.fmt
>>>
>>> so, when a simple user builds his/her latex documents the fmt file are
>>> regenerated in a local directory under HOME.
>>
>> I just want to mention that I'm facing a similar issue with the
>> Subversion unit tests. They are failing because the "svn:executable"
>> property is being added when it's not expected. This happens
>> automatically when a file is executable and added to Subversion, so it
>> seems files created by the test suite are executable with 1.7.8 but not
>> with 1.7.7.
>>
>> Unfortunately, this is an equally complex system for reproducing the
>> problem, but I will try to narrow it down to a simple test case.
>
> That would be very helpful.

I spent some time over the weekend trying to find a STC but failed
miserably. It only occurs when svn.exe is invoked from their python test
infrastructure. I'm not familiar with it and it is complext.

Sounds like you might know the cause, so if you find a fix, I'll test it
for sure. I could also test to see if the snapshot Angelo identified is
also the culprit for me, but I don't think that will tell you much. If
you don't figure it out, I'll try again for a STC, but it won't be until
next weekend at the earliest.

Office Automation:
        The use of computers to improve efficiency in the office
        by removing anyone you would want to talk with over coffee.