Re: Rsync and FAT32

On 3/9/2011 3:12 PM, Panos Katergiathis wrote:
Thank you for your polite reply. The issue at hand is of a more generic
nature and (if Google is any witness) is rather old. I am referring to the
well known problem of cygwin (at least, when rsync is used) not properly
handling NTFS permissions, thus resulting in folders and files that are no
longer deletable, therefore updatable, therefore usable. I thought that, by
using a FAT32 partition, perhaps permissions would no longer be a problem. Is
this a valid thought?

If it were, then using the 'noacl' mount option would do the same thing for you. But it sounds to me (and I still have to WAG on this because I don't know any specifics of the problem you're seeing) like if either of above would be a valid solution for you that you should be able to get the same or better results from using the flags that rsync provides. But like I said, that's just a WAG based on available information.

--
Larry