Re: BLODA detection (was Re: Debugging help for fork failure: resource temporarily unavailable)

On 2:59 PM, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
Ryan Johnson writes:

BTW, I found a good way to identify, if not fix, BLODA: given an app
which loads no libraries at runtime -- such as 'ls' -- any dlls
mentioned in /proc/$$/maps which cygcheck does not mention are
probably dodgy. In my case, Windows Live (which I didn't think was
even installed on my machine) has injected a WLIDNSP.DLL ("Microsoft
Windows Live ID Namespace Provider") in all my processes.
This would be super-cool if true, but it doesn't work for me. . .

If I try, I find

  C:\Windows\system32\ntmarta.dll
  C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll
  C:\Windows\syswow64\WLDAP32.dll

in /proc/[ls procid]/maps but not in cygcheck output, but none of
those are BLODA, right?

[Note also that maps shows many things in syswow64 which cygcheck
shows in system32, but presumably that's because cygcheck itself is a
32-bit app, is it?]

Interesting...

$ join -i -v 1 <(cat /proc/$$/maps | sed 's;^.*/;;' | sort -f) <(cygcheck $(cat /proc/$$/winexename) | sed 's;^.*\\;;' | sort -f)
apphelp.dll
DNSAPI.dll
IMM32.DLL
MSCTF.dll
mswsock.dll
napinsp.dll
NLAapi.dll
NSI.dll
pnrpnsp.dll
PSAPI.DLL
sechost.dll
SHLWAPI.dll
winmm.dll
winrnr.dll
WLIDNSP.DLL
ws2_32.dll
wshbth.dll

The above shows all dlls loaded by the process which are not linked in at compile time. Does bash really load so many dynamic libraries, or is cygcheck missing things?

Ryan