[SOLVED] cygwin1.dll upgrade problem

Hi, Corinna et al.

I'm not subscribed to the mailing list: I read it via gmane, but I've
just solved a problem that might be run into by other users.

Initial symptom:

svn exits immediately without any output

I traced this to a recent upgrade of base/cygwin which left behind
/bin/cygwin1.dll.new and didn't copy it over.

I tried closing all cygwin programs and re-installing, but still it
didn't upgrade and left the .new file behind.

Illumination dawned - I run cron as a service, and this was holding
the old copy of the library open. Shut down cron, re-install, and all
is now fine.

If you feel this is useful, please feel free to forward it on to the
mailing list.

best regards
Alan

--