Re: ld: fatal error - cmalloc would have returned NULL

On Mar 18 02:08, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 05:47:04AM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
> >On 11/03/2011 13:53, Rainer Emrich wrote:
> >
> >> I have to be more clear. I increased the heap_chunk_in_mb to 1792 using:
> >> regtool -i set /HKLM/Software/Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb 1792
> >
> >  I run with this setting all the time, I guess that's why I haven't seen this
> >problem.  Before I did that (couple of years back) I also used to get crashes
> >building libjava.
>
> That setting should have nothing to do with cmalloc().  cmalloc is for
> Cygwin's internal heap which has nothing to do with that setting.
>
> Didn't Corinna already mention this?

In this case the bigger heap seems to avoid the aggressive use of small
mmap chunks which in turn disallows to raise the cygheap size.  Without
analyzing the whole situation there's not much else to say or do.  This
is YA case which screams loudly for a testcase...

Corinna

Red Hat