Re: gnutls-cli / emacs daemon stops mintty window closing

On 4/10/2011 2:48 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 4/10/2011 1:50 PM, Gary wrote:
As I say, I've now had it happening without anything else.

On the other hand, if you kill the emacs server in the normal way (via
M-x kill-emacs, as explained in the server documentation), it also kills
the shell process, and you can exit from mintty.

Yes. As it happens the only time I close emacs is when I restart my computer, and that's why I use emacsclient. It worked fine, and now... doesn't.

I'd be glad to try to help, but you're still not providing any details. I've just tried the following:

1. Start mintty.
2. emacsclient -t -a ""
3. C-x C-c [exit the emacsclient session]
4. exit [the mintty window closes]

At this point the emacs server is still running, and I can use
emacsclient to connect to it from a new shell.  I'm not seeing a problem.

Can you tell me how to reproduce your problem?

Also, have you ruled out the possibility that this is related to something in your .emacs?

Ken