Re: Why doesn't ~/inputrc work

On 4/20/2011 12:01 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 04/20/2011 09:51 AM, Harry Putnam wrote:

Do you have CRLF line endings on your ~/.inputrc?  That would explain
failures.  To fix it, run 'd2u ~/.inputrc'.  Other than that, it works
for me, so I'm not sure why you're having problems.

A great suggestion. I also thought of two other things:

- If the INPUTRC environment variable is set, you may be reading
  something different from what you think

- How and whether a terminal generates meta- keys will clearly affect
  the specific bindings you mentioned. So you may need to dig into
  the specific terminal and into stty settings for the terminal
  driver

Best -- Eliot Moss