Re: Enable logging remote ssh contacts

On 4/26/2011 2:02 PM, Fokke Nauta wrote:

[snip]
> I edited the proper sshd_config file. Perhaps I didn't do that well enough,
> but after restarting the Cygwin ssh service no login attempt was logged
> after I logged in.

Where are you looking for the log?

If you are not running syslog-ng (or any other syslog) then the log is
Windows' event log.

But if you did install/configure/run syslog-ng then its at
/var/log/messages (or a different log if you configured that).

Don't confuse /var/log/sshd.log for the real log, that one is just for
output sent by cygrunsrv (the program that serves as helper to make sshd
a Windows service).
--
René Berber