Re: Enable logging remote ssh contacts

Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote:

> On Apr 29 01:21, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>> Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
>> > no, setfacl %-|
>> >
>> > (getfacl messages  | echo group:Users:r--) | setfacl -m -f - messages
>> >
>> > PS : replace Users by the equivalents group on your system
>> (Utilisateurs
>> > in french under Vista, don't know under XP ?)
>> > well, the last one :
>> > v2$ id
>> > uid=1000(Cyrille) gid=513(None)
>> > groups=513(None),0(root),544(Administrateurs),545(Utilisateurs)
>> >

>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Cyrille Lefevre
>> >

>> Hi,
>>
>> I entered (getfacl messages  | echo group:Users:r--) | setfacl -m -f -
>> messages
>> and got as result: Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> I can't reproduce the SEGV.  However, your expression is wrong
> anyway:
>
> - (getfacl messages | echo group:Users:r--)
>
>   This expression only echos the "group:Users:r--" line, the output
>   of getfacl is simple lost since echo doesn't copy its stdin to
>   stdout.  What you really want is this:
>
>   (getfacl messages ; echo group:Users:r--)
>
>   Note the semicolon instead of the pipe.
>
> - setfacl -m -f -
>
>   This doesn't work.  The -f option is always a set option and can't
>   combined with the -m option.  So just use
>
>   setfacl -f -
>
> - Did you notice Cyrille's hint about the name of the Users group?
>   It's not always Users, rather it is localized, for instance
>   "Utilisateurs" in french, "Benutzer" in german, etc.  If you
>   use "Users" on a non-English system, you are probably out of luck.
>
>   Fortunately you can also use the gid instead of the group name:
>
>   (getfacl messages ; echo group:545:r--) | setfacl -f -
>

> Corinna

Hi,

Thanks.
Entering "(getfacl messages ; echo group:545:r--) | setfacl -f -" starts up
the help function of setfacl.
Replacing the last dash by messages results in an error message.

Yes, I noticed Cyrilles hint. I am working on an English machine and the
command id shows the group Users indeed.

Regards,
Fokke