Re: Who's using "CYGWIN=tty" and why?

Christopher wrote:

Ok, it sounds like there is no need whatsoever to set CYGWIN=tty with
brltty.  That is good news.

According to what Ken wrote, emacs won't work as well. This would be very distressing, though I haven't verified it personally.

I'd be pretty surprised if it was the case since if CYGWIN=tty *was*
required then it seems like mintty would work too since the difference
between the ptys that mintty uses and CYGWIN=tty mode is very small.

According to one whole trial it's large enough to convince brltty not to deal with the window. This is suggestive but hardly conclusive. I'll try again...

Has anyone tried running brltty without setting CYGWIN=tty?

Just now. So far I haven't noticed any problems but this is even less significant. I guess "notty" was meant to say that tty should not be mentioned at all in the $CYGWIN variable. I'll remove it and see what happens.

--
Lee Maschmeyer
Wayne State University Computing Center