Re: Create file fails on network drives in cygwin-1.7.9-1

On 17 June 2011 10:53, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Btw., it would be an incredible good idea to change the permissions on
> the remote drive to allow users to set or change the permissions of
> files they created themselves. ?Otherwise you end up with non-POSIX
> permissions on the drive anyway, whether or not you're using "acl" or
> "noacl" mount option. ?If the network drives are not under your control,
> try to persuade the admin. ?If the admin is adamant, use the noacl mount
> option for these drives. ?You can also just change the cygdrive prefix
> to use noacl on all drives. ?See the User's Guide for how to do it.

I've just sat down with the admin and confirmed that I do have Full
Control on the network drive. Creating and modifying files is working
fine outside Cygwin.

chmod is failing with Permission denied in the same places that touch
fails to create files.

--
Pete Forman