Re: exception under g++

Hi Phil,
you ought to post steps to reproduce the problem, if there is one.
By the way, can you check that you link against libgcc using -shared-libgcc?

You can also try to figure out whether is this not a purely g++ problem, by
installing g++ 4.3.4 on Linux, say, and trying your code with it.

On 16 July 2011 12:53, Kraus Philipp <philipp.kraus@flashpixx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Cygwin for compiling my C++ sources under Windows. My code is throwing an exception (I know the exception and the position within the code), but under the binary that is compiled under Cygwin I get the message:
> terminate called after throwing an instance of [...] terminate called recursively
>
> The same code word under OSX 10.5, 10.6 and Linux x64. The different between the systems are only the versions of the g++:
> Cygwin 4.3.4
> OSX 4.2.1
> Linux 4.5.2
>
> I try to understand in which way I can solve this problem. The code throws the exception and on top / on the main a try-catch block should be catch this exception, but it does not work.
> Does anyone have some ideas for this problem? I don't understand why Windows should create other structures than the other systems.

Windows has a number of ways to handle exceptions, e.g. MSVC++
exceptions used to be (or maybe are, still) not conforming to C++
standard.

> Thanks a lot
>
> Phil
>

> --