Re: cygwin permissions problem on a network drive

> > > For now, set the mount point for this drive to "noacl".  If you're
> > > accessing the share via /cygdrive, create a distinct mount point for it.
> >
> > I'm not sure that I'm doing this the right way.
>
> No.  I meant a distinct mount point, *different* from your cygdrive
> prefix.  See http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#cygdrive
>
> This works:
>
>   H: /h xyz binary,noacl 0 0
>   none /mnt cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0
>
> Or this:
>
>   H: /myhome xyz binary,noacl 0 0
>   none / cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0
>
> Corinna

I'm having the same problems with my $HOME folder, which is on a network share. I was able to create an extra mount point for the location, unfortunately that didn't help with the original $HOME. Could you please describe what I have to do circumvent the permission problem for $HOME?

Thanks a lot,
Spam Bouncer

--
NEU: FreePhone - 0ct/min Handyspartarif mit Geld-zurÃck-Garantie!