Re: SSHD Issue Windows 2003 64 bit

On 8/11/2011 5:33 PM, Gary wrote:
Created the passwd and group files from:
/bin/mkpasswd -l -c>  /etc/passwd
/bin/mkgroup ->  l -c>  /etc/group
                ^^^^^
Presumably this is a typo transcribing to your email message?

passwd files looks good now, moved passwd file and re-ran
./000-cygwin-post-install.sh

That you didn't really need, though it probably did no harm. Can you check if SYSTEM is in '/etc/group' and '/etc/passwd' though still?

Still when I 'net start sshd' I still receive the same error, also
when I try to re-instantiate the service in windows..

Did you run ssh-host-config (and ssh-user-config) as specified by '/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README'? If so, do you have 'cyg_server' in your '/etc/passwd' file? This really should be the user the service runs under on 2003 x64.

--
Larry