Re: Issue with inserting '@' at the command prompt.

On Aug 19 15:14, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen, le Fri 19 Aug 2011 13:50:19 +0200, a Ãcrit :
> > >   .wVirtualKeyCode = 0x630,
>
> Eergl, no, that should have been 0x30 here, our code does properly masks
> out the high part, I just missed that in our code.

And what about the control code?  It's a fixed 1 in your example, but
obviously it should be 6.

> > a simple testcase (wow!)
>
> Sorry, but I'm not paid for this, I don't actually use the software at
> all (neither brltty nor windows), don't actually own the hardware (thus
> had to emulate it in qemu by first reverse-engineering the actual device
> behavior),

Same here.  I tested this on a Qemu/KVM driven W7 box.

> it just seems I'm the only guy in the world that knows a bit
> about both brltty and windows and knows that some people *need* it, and
> I thus spend time on it, and it was already almost 5am...
>
> >   /* Create correct CtrlKeyState from high byte returned by VkKeyScanW. */
> >   if (vks & 0x100)
> >     ctrl |= SHIFT_PRESSED;
> >   if (vks & 0x200)
> >     ctrl |= RIGHT_CTRL_PRESSED;
> >   if (vks & 0x400)
> >     ctrl |= RIGHT_ALT_PRESSED;
>
> Err, do you mean LEFT_ALT_PRESSED here? Right alt is altgr in some
> keyboard layouts, which is precisely what people use to type '@' in
> the french layout, actually. E.g. LeftAlt-A and RightAlt-A (i.e.

I'm aware of this difference, so, no, that was a deliberate
RIGHT_ALT_PRESSED.  However, this also works for me when using
LEFT_CTRL_PRESSED and LEFT_ALT_PRESSED in the conditionals above.

Corinna

Red Hat