Re: problem with bash recognizing c-file with cygwin under eclipse

On 8/20/2011 11:12 AM, Bram Kouwenberg wrote:
Hello,

I am using Cygwin under Eclipse C/C++. I am trying to compile/run a
simple c program with gcc, but the file is not found by the bash
shell. Neither gcc or ls -la can find the .c file but ls does show the
other contents of the project directory. I'm going crazy not being
able to find out why the file is not recognized. Its there in the
eclipse tree and in windows explorer..

I can't think of anything about test.c, but I do suggest that that is not a very good name to use. You see, test (under Unix) / test.exe (under Cygwin) is the name of a built-in file (do "man test" to find out about it), so compiling and trying to run the resulting file is not a great idea because of that clash. And if you were trying to run it and the current directory came after the directory containing the usual test.exe, you would be surprised that your file did not run (unless you ran it by typing ./test). Etc.

Best wishes - Eliot Moss