RE: More on Cygwin package naming

Luke Kendall wrote on Sunday, September 04, 2011, at 11:16 PM
>In my previous mail I may have used the wrong term ("package"): the term
>"package" seems to refer to each .tar.bz2 file (for the source and
>install files of each version).  So perhaps I should instead be talking
>about "@-names" - the name that appears after an "@" in setup.ini.
>
>Anyway, this is all related to me trying to determine the licenses for
>each Cygwin "@-name".  What I've found so far is that:
>
>- Most cygwin @-names are simply the upstream "vendor"s project name.
>- But it's not rare for the name not to match at all.  This seems to
>happen when a parent Freshmeat project is split into several cygwin
>"@-named" pieces: in that situation, I can't find any automatable way to
>tie the child names back to the parent.  E.g. libncurses9 is a cygwin
>item from within the ncurses freshmeat project; or  libintl,
>libintl{2,3,8} in cygwin, which are all part of the gettext project on
>Freshmeat.  Currently I'm resorting to human inspection.
>
>I'd love to know if there's some way to determine this kind of
>parent-child relationship.  Is there some setup.hint or upset or genini
>file or info lurking around (where?) that I could scrape such
>information out of?

The directory structure of the download release directory might help.
It is in the "install" line.  Using your gettext/libintl example:
install: release/gettext/libintl8/libintl8-0.18.1.1-1.tar.bz2 24375 bf501b540c768d63358426686c615530

Here's a start:

cat setup.ini | \
sed	-e '/^install: /!d'\
	-e '/\/_obsolete\//d' \