Re: debugging SIGSEV on pclose

Christopher Faylor-8 wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 03:00:54PM -0700, jan.kolar wrote:
>>Recommendations:
>> *  Use   popen() with added test for null fh.
>>     gdb is much more stable.
>>
>> * For each 'run' restart gdb.
>>    The program seemed to go differently on the second 'run'.
>
> If gdb is acting differently when restarting a program, that's a *gdb*
> issue.  We don't fix gdb problems by changing Cygwin.

I did not mind anyone to fix gdb. Neither I said gdb is acting differently.
I just wanted to hint those around here who debug octave how to avoid a
trouble.
Neither I hoped this to be most helpfull part of the mail.

The main message was that the problem is in glps_renderer::draw ()
(and its interactions) and that there was related discussion of
octave-maintainers last year.
https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2010-September/020770.html
https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2010-September/020770.html

jk