Re: gcc invoked from make on cygwin strips symbols from object file

Marco,

Thank you very much. You pointed me in the one direction I did not yet investigate. I'm really embarrassed by what I just found out.

Here's what happened. There was a second installation of Cygwin on this development machine... I did not know about this installation. The installation I used did not have make installed at at all.. The PATH variable included the bin directory of the second Cygwin installation. So I was using make of another cygwin installation. Removing the second installation and installing make solved the problem.

This took me 2 days...

Regards,

Andrà Kwakernaak