Re: Permission denied but have permission

Lou U wrote:
I am a newbie running cygwin on Windows 7. I want to run an installer for
graphics software, Dislin.
$./setup.exe
bash: ./setup.exe Permission denied
Permissions for setup.exe are -rwxrwxrwx+
setup will run in a Windows Command window. I'm wondering if that "+" in the
permissions is a problem. If so, how do I circumvent it? Any help would be
appreciated.
Lou
Lou,

cygstart is the command for starting Windows applications from the command line. Most installers will run from Windows Explorer. I'm curious to know why you don't just double-click on the item.

That plus sign on the end is Cygwin's way of noting the file "setup.exe" has ACLs -- permissions of a type native to Windows that aren't _quite suitable for ready display in a terminal. You can look them up on the Cygwin site. (There's also the command 'getfacl <file>', but IMO its output is a little abstruse for newbie Cygwin users).

Helpful? Good.

SW