Re: Bug in remote gui app execution via ssh

On 9/29/2011 9:30 PM, Elr, Arun wrote:

Hi

Is there any update on this feature? I downgraded to 5.6p1, still it did
not work. I heavily depended on this feature. I tried in XP, Vista and
Windows 7. Is there any plan to fix this in upcoming release?

A service interacting with the desktop is an undependable feature at best. MS effectively removed support for it after XP. Even with XP, it seems flaky. Based on that state of affairs, I would say that it's unlikely that Cygwin will be able to reinstate this through any kind of magic going forward. There are some knowledge base articles in the MSDN that talk about options to enable the station in a service to access another, which may provide some relief. Off the top of my head, I don't recall more specific pointers or details but it's something you could investigate if you're curious.

--
Larry