Re: E484: Can't open file /usr/share/vim/syntax/syntax.vim

12.10.2011 14:59, jan.kolar ÐÐÑÐÑ:
Oleksandr Gavenko-2 pishet:
   $ cygcheck -c vim
   Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
vim                  7.3.254-1      OK

This is an important information to start with. Where did you get that from? From cygwin ports ?

(I can not find that version among official 'STABLE', but it is listed here
http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin-ports-general@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00943.html
)

The cygwin port version of vim depends on vim-common package.
I suppose the Installer suggested to install that.

I hope installing vim-common helps.

I run

cygcheck -c

and found that some packages (include 'vim-common') have status Invalide.

After reinstalling all these packages vim found syntax file
and work fine.