Re: 1.7.9-1 Patch command mangles permissions on windows 7

Greetings, Roger Pack!

> Forgive me if this is a commonly reported bug, but I wasn't sure if
> other discussions on permissions issues were the same as this issue...

> $ c:\installs\cygwin\bin\patch.exe -p0 < multithread_utilities_trunk.diff
> (Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
> patching file xxx/yyy/zzz/Test.java

When you're running Cygwin tools outside cygwin shell, you need to let Windows
do the security handling for you.

In /etc/fstab, uncomment the last line (under one that says "This is the
default...") and add "noacl" mount option.

none    /cygdrive cygdrive      binary,posix=0,user,noacl       0       0

Or, even

none    /       cygdrive        binary,posix=0,user,noacl       0       0

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...