Re: Problems with updating nearly any package meant for Cygwin or using packages such as libtool

On 11/16/2011 3:04 PM, Jesse Ziser wrote:
On 11/16/2011 1:34 PM, viper_88 wrote:

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

On 11/15/2011 2:28 PM, viper_88 wrote:
The avalanche of my problems has started when I wanted to install
compat-libstdc++ 33-3.2.3. The installation failed due to the following
dependencies errors:

error: Failed dependencies:
/sbin/ldconfig is needed by compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-55.fc5
libc.so.6 is needed by compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-55.fc5
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-55.fc5
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-55.fc5
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3) is needed by
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-55.fc5
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2) is needed by
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-55.fc5
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3) is needed by
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-55.fc5
libgcc_s.so.1 is needed by compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-55.fc5
libgcc_s.so.1(GCC_3.0) is needed by
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-55.fc5
libgcc_s.so.1(GCC_3.3) is needed by
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-55.fc5
libgcc_s.so.1(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-55.fc5
libm.so.6 is needed by compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-55.fc5

Hm. This looks to me like output of rpm or yum on a Linux system. If you're trying to install Linux binary RPMs onto Cygwin, you're in for a world of hurt. Cygwin != Linux. You need to build from source on Cygwin.

--
Larry