Re: tail/head not working with a pseudoterminal

On Nov 25 16:03, Costin Caraivan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to tail a file through SSH. I'm launching ssh through
> Python, like this:
> ssh -t user@vm-admin.corp.com "tail
> /cygdrive/c/ctier/ctl/var/logs/ctlcenter/STAGING/Administration/\[Staging\]\
> Sleep/7.txt"
>
> And I get this:
> Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.
> TAIL: lseeki64() failed 22

This is not Cygwin's tail.  The error message looks pretty weird.

Try ssh -tt.

> This works from the command line :(
>
> Also head fails with:
> Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.
> bash: /cygdrive/c/apps/activeperl/bin/head: /usr/bin/perl: bad
> interpreter: Permission denied

You're running the wrong head command.  This is some activestate perl
script, not the Cygwin head tool from coreutils.  Change your $PATH
to find the Cygwin apps first.

Corinna

Red Hat