Re: Machine very sluggish while compiling

Hello,

* On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 07:59:58PM -0500 Ryan Johnson wrote:

> Lately I've noticed that running make -j4 on my quad-core win7-x64
> machine causes it to become sluggish or even unresponsive.

I have seen very similar effects on my Win7-64 box. I can force the
problem here just be running "ccrypt", though, I do not need to use "make
-j4".

I assume it has to do with the Windows 64 bit problems of Cygwin (search
the ML archives for that).

For me, this is the first machine since years where I do not use Cygwin
because of this issue.

Best regards,
   Spiro.

--