Re: Mapping of Windows registry not complete

Julien Nabet wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to compile Libreoffice on Windows with Cygwin. For this, I had to install some softs including Microsoft Visual C++ Express 8.
When I launched configuration part of Libreoffice (so just before compiling), I noticed that some config elements weren't found.
By taking a look about the cause of this, I saw that Windows registry mapped by Cygwin located in /proc/registry wasn't complete.
For example I've got :
/proc/registry/HKLM/Software/Microsoft/VC8 (since I'm right now on Linux, the path is not exactly this one but that's the idea) but nothing in it whereas I can see with regedit there are keys and subkeys.

This key? /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/VisualStudio/8.0

I could not reproduce this. Please provide output of:

$ uname -rs
$ cd /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft
$ stat VisualStudio/8.0
$ ls -la VisualStudio/8.0

If 'ls' output is actually empty, retry with Cygwin shell running as administrator.
(ls /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SAM/SAM should work then).

Please note that the Express editions of Visual Studio put some subkeys to a different location:
/proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/VCExpress/...
A configuration script expecting Express edition might not work with a regular edition and vice versa.

Regards,
Christian