Re: Will win32 style paths ever work in mksh on cygwin?

Greetings, Oliver!

> On the other hand, the cygwin documentation seems to claim that cygwin
> will support both, win32 style paths and POSIX style paths.

Cygwin, as in, the utilities, when fed with native path - mostly works.
Specific program on the inside of it - it's up to that program.

> Are there any plans to make mksh on cygwin win32-path aware, or will
> mksh on cygwin support only POSIX?

You have to ask mksh author(s).

> If it remains to be POSIX only, and pdksh apparently gone from the list
> of shells, is the only alternative to rewrite all existing ksh scripts
> that might use win32 style paths?

The last trend in *NIX society, that I noticed, is to write portable scripts.
Which means, they should work with /bin/sh. (The base POSIX shell implementation.)

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...