Re: Starting Z-shell via telnet connection to XP box

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 03:42:42PM +0100, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> Okay, better is not correct. Let's call it equally good. It's free,
> constantly updated, easy to setup and is integrated in your existing
> Cygwin installation.

When I did an initial search in the packages for ssh, I didn't notice that the
list was truncated and therefore openssh didn't show up in the list.  The
search should not die after 30 entries, it should split it into pages.

I suppose I better update my installation.  I may be in trouble as uname says
that it is: CYGWIN_NT-5.1

    cygcheck version 1.88
    System Checker for Cygwin
    Copyright 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Red Hat, Inc.
    Compiled on Jan 20 2006

So, what is this, 1.5.x or 1.7.x?  I'm guessing 1.5.x as I do not have a fstab
file.

The main web page has the following:

"PLEASE read the User's Guide before upgrading your Cygwin installation to 1.7.
You'll be avoiding future trouble if you do this."

I found no section in the user guide regarding converting from 1.5 to 1.7.
The last thing I want to do is make my current install non-functional.

It does seem like a good idea to go to openssh, as it will also probably cure
my inverse color problem.  But, until I know what steps have to be taken to
go from 1.5 to 1.7, I ain't touching it.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@vidiot.com | vidiot@vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign