I gave up and reverted to 1.5

Long standing programs like cron just install and run.  Using cygwin 1.5,
it does.  Using 1.7, it does not.  I have no idea what was done to 1.7 to cause
cron to not work, no matter what the Hell I try to do.

So I said f**k it and removed all of the 1.7 files and reinstalled 1.5 from
the local files that I have.

Installed cron and guess what....  yep, it is now functional again.  Even
after a reboot, it still works.

I don't know who is responsible for making sure that cron works within 1.7,
but it needs to be fixed so that it works with XP pro SP3, single user.
Before anyone says that it does work, I obviously disagree as I've been trying
for a couple of days to get it to work.  And, as noted, a reinstall back to
1.5 had cron working in minutes.

And before anyone says to move on to Win7, there are programs and hardware
that is in this system that will not work under Win7, and never will.

As for the sshd issue, I'll be reinstalling the third party sshd program that
I had initially installed.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@vidiot.com | vidiot@vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign