question(s) regarding startxwin

Greetings.

I have a question or two regarding startxwin. When I fire it off using "startxwin", I get two warnings which I have been ignoring but finally decided I really ought to check to make sure I am not seeing something I shouldn't.

They are:
+++
startxwin: XFree86_VT property unexpectedly has 0 items instead of 1
Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
+++

Since everything is working, I assume they can be ignored?

The next one may be the xwin or it may be OpenGL under cygwin (on maybe OpenGL in general but I can't test that at the moment). When I start a program that uses OpenGL, my firewall barks about the program trying to access the internet and the only detail I can get is it thinks the destination OP is 127.0.0.1 Port 8456.

If I am correct, 127.0.0.1 is the loop-back (if I have the term right?) so I am guessing that it is an access to the internet/LAN to myself (?). But I have no idea what Port 8456 is about ... and I can't figure out why there would be any action which would look like an internet access.

I looked at man pages on startxwin and XWin, but didn't see anything that helped (or, if it is there, I didn't register that it was what I needed).

"cygcheck -c" shows that
+++
cygwin is 1.7.9-1
libX11* is 1.4.4-1
opengl is 1.1.0-10
freeglut is 2.6.0-1.
+++

Any other packages I should get version numbers of?

At the present, I am assuming it is harmless and allowing it to go through (and the program works as expected), but it seems wrong to not try to understand what is happening.

None of these are show-stoppers as far as I can tell ... actually, none of them rate more than nuisance --- so long as I am correctly interpreting them as such.

Thanks in advance,
Paul