Re: MinGW gfortran and OpenMP issues...

Andrey,

I have done this, but no difference. I copied the pthreadGC2.dll from
the appropriate MinGW lib in cygwin to the folder and it runs fine!

There is another problem however. While the program says it is running
with 3 threads, it only runs using 25% cpu, spread over 3 cores (Core
i5, quad core) (when I say spread, it's not constant, it seems to jump
about over the cores 0, 1 and 2) . This occurs when I run from cmd or
cygwin. Interstingly, the same behaviour is observed when I only run
it with one thread. The same code compiled with ifort on linux runs
great with the same input on 3 threads using 3 cores (i.e. 300% cpu)
or 1 core if I choose.

Is there a way to flex all cores on a windows box with OpenMP??

Nick